Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a REALLY popular Aussie dessert-one that you often find at potlucks. It's simple and yummy-what more could you ask for! Editing to add the photo is of a double mixture. Additional photos show the steps involved making this ring.
- 250 g chocolate cookies (not chocolate coated though)
- 500 ml thickened cream, lightly sweetened and stiffly beaten
- sweet sherry or raspberry jelly (optional)
- Take a cookie and dunk it quickly in sweet sherry (or smear it with jelly for children) if you wish-this helps speed up the cookies softening.
- spread the smooth side of the cookie thickly with cream and repeat.
- Sandwich the two you have done together and stand them on a plate.
- Repeat this until all the cookies are used and you have formed a"log" of cookies and cream.
- Cover the entire log thickly with more cream and cover loosely with cling wrap before refrigerating for about 8 hours-as I said, the sherry or jelly speeds this up (and I like the added flavour of either) Decorate with grated chocolate, or pipe extra cream around the log before serving.
One word describes this dessert...DELICIOUS! This was a really fun recipe that I let my little girl help me with. We used raspberry jelly and decorated with grated chocolate as suggested. Even more fun than making this, was eating it. Raspberry, cream, chocolate...what's not to love???
Oops, forgot to give any stars - 5 stars!
I used the Nabisco Chocolate Cookies to make mine. I used strawberry cream cheese frosting in the middle of each cookie, then made it as the recipe showed. I sprinkled chopped walnuts on top after placing whole strawberries around the cake. It looked so pretty and tasted even better!