Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
From Every Night Italian, posted for ZWT IV. Described as "not a mousse, not a custard, not really a pudding...it is a creamy chocolate dessert that is easy to make." Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration. Note: this contains uncooked egg yolks, so if you are concerned about that - don't make this OR here is a link with tips about how to cook them before using without turning them into scrambled eggs. http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/RawEggs.htm
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water (or in the microwave).
- While the chocolate is melting, put the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Beat at high speed till the mixture is pale yellow and forms soft ribbons.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the heavy cream and stir till completely blended.
- Pour the chocolate into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the ricotta and mix again till completely blended.
- Divide the mixture among 6 individual serving bowls or goblets.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.