Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
Your family and friends will love this rich ricotta and cream cheese chocolate pie recipe. It’s the perfect after-dinner delight to serve at your next gathering. From The Olive Garden Website: http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/featured_recipe/
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup toasted almond
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together in a bowl. Shape inside 9” pie plate. If crust is too crumbly, add a small amount of butter so crumbs will hold together. Bake at 375F for 8-9 minutes until lgihtly browned. Allow to cool.
- COMBINE ricotta, confectioner’s sugar, and almond extract in a bowl and set aside.
- COMBINE almonds and chocolate. Chop together in a food processor; do not chop too fine.
- FOLD together cheese mix and chopped almond & chocolate and chill.
- WHIP heavy cream until stiff. Fold into ricotta and chocolate mix half at a time.
- SPOON into chilled crust and let sit overnight before serving.
- Serve with chocolate sauce, if desired.