Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Creamy Chocolate Pie.....Yummy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts, plus 3/4 cup, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus 3/4 cup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 1/3 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg yolks
- Blen flour, cornmeal 3/4 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup sugar and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse, just until the dough forms. Press dough over the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of an 11-inch diameter tart pan with a removable bottom. Refrigerate until the dough is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lien the tart with aluminum foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake the tart shell in the lower third of the oven until just set, a bout 25 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and pie weights. Bake shell until golden, about 10 minutes longer. Cool completely.
- Combine the remianing 3/4 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cool the sugar syrup slightly.
- In a double broiler, melt the chocolate over very softly simmering water.
- Pulse the Ricotta cheese and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add the egg and egg yolks, one at a time, and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and process until combined. With the machine running, add the sugar syrup in a thin steady stream and process until smooth.
- Pour the custard into the tart shell and bake until the filling is almost set, about 30 minutes, or until it has set. Scatter the remaining 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts on top of the filling. Let the tart cool completely before serving.
- The tart can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Return the tart to room temperature before serving.