6 hrs 30 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Cool, refreshing and chocolate!! Use a high quality chocolate for this--flavored, if you like. From Everyday FOODS magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare pan by removing sides from a 9" round springform pan.
- 2Place a sheet of waxed paper over bottom, leaving an overhang; lock sides onto bottom firmly securing paper.
- 3Spray inside of pan with cooking spray; line sides with a strip of waxed paper 28 inches long and 4 inches wide.
- 4Make chocolate-ricotta mixture:.
- 5Break 12 oz. of chocolate into pieces.
- 6Place on a heatproof medium bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted 8-10 minutes.
- 8In a food processor, blend ricotta until very smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl.
- 9Add warm chocolate; blend until smooth.
- 10In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- 11With a rubber spatula, gently fold in chocolate-ricotta mixture.
- 12Assemble cake:.
- 13Arrange half of cookies in an overlapping pattern to cover bottom of pan.
- 14Spoon half of chocolate-ricotta mix on top of cookies; smooth top.
- 15Cover with remaining cookies; top with remaining mixture and smooth top.
- 16Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to 2 days.
- 17To serve:.
- 18Release sides of pan and remove waxed paper from sides.
- 19Using bottom piece of waxed paper, pull cake onto platter.
- 20With a metal spatula, lift cake and remove waxed paper.
- 21Using a vegetable peeler, shave remaining 2 oz. of chocolate over top of cake. With a knife dipped in hot water, cut cake into 10 slices.
- 22(Wipe knife clean and re-dip in water for each slice).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Ricotta Icebox Cake
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.3
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 17.4 g