Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Luscious ripe pears filled with a sweet chocolate-ricotta filling...
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely shredded
- 3 large pears (Bosc, Anjou, or Bartlett)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds or 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- orange rind, curls (optional)
- In a medium bowl beat the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces and the shredded orange peel. Set aside.
- Peel the pears; cut in half lengthwise and remove the cores. Remove a thin slice from the rounded side of each pear half so the halves will sit flat. Brush the pears all over with orange juice.
- To serve, place the pear halves on 6 dessert plates. Spoon the ricotta mixture on top of the pears and sprinkle with almonds. If desired, garnish with orange curls.