Recipe by PugGrannie
This was my son's favorite Sunday brunch dessert when he was growing up. It's from an old Pillsbury Bake-off Booklet, probably from the early eighties. I use a bar of Baker's sweet chocolate found in the baking aisle.
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 -4 tablespoon butter or 1 -4 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 4 ounces bar sweet baking chocolate
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds or 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles; press each slightly to enlarge.
- Spread butter on each triangle.
- Break or cut chocolate bar into small pieces (chocolate may break into irregular shapes).
- Place an equal amount of chocolate pieces on shortest side of each triangle, Roll up; start at shortest side of each triangle and roll to opposite point.
- Place rollls point-side-down on ungreased cookie sheet; curve into crescent shape.
- Brush rolls with beaten egg; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown; cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.