Top Review by Mirj
Ive never had chocolate rice pudding before, and now for the life of me I don't know why, this was delicious. I fell so in love with this easy dessert I made it again a few days later, but this time with white chocolate. Everyone thought it was just regular rice pudding until they had a taste, and then the white chocolate flavor came through and the look on their faces was priceless!
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, Chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups long-grain rice, Steamed boiled
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 piece semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Butter a shallow souffle dish.
- Combine the condensed milk with the chocolate in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate has melted, 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the butter, and stir until melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk the milk into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat in the egg yolks and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla.
- Then stir in the rice.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared souffle dish, and bake 30 minutes.
- The middle will be slightly loose.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled.
- Before serving, beat the cream in a large bowl until slightly thickened.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and the confectioners' sugar, and beat until stiff.
- Pile the whipped cream on top of the pudding.
- Using a vegetable peeler, scrape the piece of semi-sweet chocolate over the top to make chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.