Full fat soymilk and short grain rice makes the creamiest possible texture. from local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- 2Add rice.
- 3Cover and cook over low heat until rice is quite soft and most of the water has absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4While rice is cooking, in a blender combine the soymilk with the minimum amounts of cocoa powder and sugar, the cashew butter and the instant coffee powder, if using.
- 5Process until all the nut butter is completely blended in, about 1 minute.
- 6Taste and add more cocoa and sugar, if you wish.
- 7(Keep in mind that the flavour and sweetness will be somewhat diminished after the liquid is cooked with the rice).
- 8Stir the chocolate mixture into the cooked rice.
- 9Bring to boil over high heat (take care, as soymilk easily boils over).
- 10Then lower the heat and cook uncovered at gentle boil,stirring frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot and to break up any skin that forms on top.
- 11Cook until the pudding thickens and some rice is visible on the surface, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 12The mixture will be fairly soupy, it will thicken as it cools.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 135.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g