Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I found this recipe but I lightened it up using stevia. 1 Tbsp stevia equals 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute equivalent. This tastes great using toffee flavored liquid. The orange zest adds a nice difference.
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon liquid stevia
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Put everything, except the chocolate, into a heavy based saucepan and bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Simmer 30 mins until rice is tender and mixture thick and creamy.
- remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir a couple of times to give a ripple effect.
- Serve warm or cold. Great with whipped cream.