Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I didn't see a recipe like the one I grew up with on the Zaar, so here it is. My Gram originally clipped it from a magazine or newspaper and passed it on to my Mom. We grew up eating these at least once a month as a treat.
- 11 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- In double boiler, melt butter.
- Add corn syrup, vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Once melted and blended, gradually add sugar.
- Once blended, gradually add Rice Krispies.
- Press into 13x9 pan, lightly sprayed with non stick spray.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Cut into squares and serve.