Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are so good and easy to make.
Make and share this Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 283.49 g package large marshmallows
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml crisp rice cereal
- 354.88 ml milk chocolate chips
- 4.92 ml shortening
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter on high heat for about 45 seconds. Add marshmallows; stir to coat. Microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave for 45 seconds longer or until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Immediatly add cereal; stir gently until coated. Press into greased 13x9x2in baking pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and shortening on 70% power for 1 minute. Heat in 10 to 20 second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Cool completely.
This is a nice variation on the regular old plain squares. The entire tray was devoured in two days.
My family really loved these. They were gone in 2 days. I liked that you could taste the peanut butter in them. Thank you.