Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Country Inn, Ft. Bragg, CA circa 1985. I've made this yummy little cake for years...it's a comforting family favorite.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Grate or chop chocolate until you have slivers and small pieces. Set aside.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, sour cream and eggs.
- Beat well, scraping down bowl as necessary.
- Spread half of batter evenly into pan, sprinkle with half grated chocolate and 1/4 t. cinnamon.
- Cover with remaining batter, chocolate and cinnamon.
- Draw knife through batter a few times to swirl chocolate.
- Bake 1 hour (or less, be careful) until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
Excellent Coffee Cake. I used to make this a lot when teaching and would take it to school for treats. It never lasted long and had many requests for the recipe. Great flavor and moist from the sour cream.