1/2 Photos of Chocolate Ribbon Cake
1 hr 20 mins
From the Country Inn, Ft. Bragg, CA circa 1985. I've made this yummy little cake for years...it's a comforting family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Butter and lightly flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- 3Grate or chop chocolate until you have slivers and small pieces. Set aside.
- 4In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, sour cream and eggs.
- 6Beat well, scraping down bowl as necessary.
- 7Spread half of batter evenly into pan, sprinkle with half grated chocolate and 1/4 t. cinnamon.
- 8Cover with remaining batter, chocolate and cinnamon.
- 9Draw knife through batter a few times to swirl chocolate.
- 10Bake 1 hour (or less, be careful) until toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ribbon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 212.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g