Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this yummy, no-cook recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. I've been cooking for 25 years but I've never done a rice krispie recipe until I found this one. The reason? I don't like messing with all that stickiness but this recipe is for non-sticky bars! Tasty, crunchy and good chocolatey flavor. Reduced fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Top Review by Margie99
My best friend made a version of these that we have loved for years. The only difference is more powdered sugar in the chocolate layer. We love these and my kids get so excited when I bring home Rice Krispies.
- 311.84 g package butterscotch chips
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 1892.72 ml crisp rice cereal
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml butter, cubed
- 29.58 ml water
- 177.44 ml confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter, about 2-3 minutes (more or less, depending on your microwave); stir until smooth; gradually stir in cereal until well coated; press half of the mixture into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- In another large bowl, melt semisweet chips and butter in microwave for about 2-3 minutes, stir in water until blended; gradually add the confectioners' sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over cereal layer; cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate layer is set; spread remaining cereal mixture over the top.
- Chill before cutting.