Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from In the Kitchen with Jenny
Make and share this Chocolate Revel Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (Aunt Edna used just 6 oz)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal (I used 1/2 quick and 1/2 regular)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Using a double boiler melt chocolate chips in with the condensed milk and margarine.
- Add vanilla and set aside until cookie batter is ready.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla and mix.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add along with oatmeal and optional nuts to egg mixture.
- Mix just until blended.
- Press 2/3 of this mixutre onto bottom of greased 11x15 jelly roll pan or if you like them thicker, a 9x13 baking dish.
- I found it easier to press if I wet my hand just a little. The batter didn't stick to my fingers.
- Pour chocolate mixture over oatmeal mixture and spread.
- Grab remaining cookie mixture and crumble over the chocolate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Should be a nice golden brown color.