Recipe by Sam #3
These are a favorite of my children's class rooms. The batter can of course be used with many different cookie cutters. I believe this came from TOH. Preparation time includes chilling. ***Note: In regards to first review, you do indeed need 2 eggs, not 1 and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, not 1 and I have changed the ingredients to say so
Top Review by Noo
I made these to take to my children's playgroup,and they went down ok,but not as well as I expected. A very simple cookie recipe,that's great for novice cooks. Thanks Sam.Made for PRMR.
- 1 cup butter (only)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda, add to creamed mixture, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut with reindeer cookie cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-9 minutes.