Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my Mother. She used to make it during the summer as a nice, cold dessert.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped or 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed.
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafers
- chocolate curls, for garnish
- Stir vanilla into whipped cream or topping.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon whipped cream or topping on each wafer.
- Begin stacking wafers together and stand on edge on serving platter to make a 14-inch log.
- Frost with remaining whipped cream or topping.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Thaw in refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, garnish with chocolate curls; slice roll at 45 degree angle.
This was one of our "special" desserts when we were young. My mother used to garnish it with chopped pecans and we didn't freeze it, but that sounds like a great idea. It is sooo rich and yummy. I'm going to make it for my grand-kids soon.
This is my favorite!!!! Ive made it every summer since I was 10. It better the longer you let it sit
I've been looking for this recipe forever! My Mom used to make this one when I was a kid. I'm going to make it this weekend. Thanks!