Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is reminiscent of my childhood where this cake was often made to serve with afternoon tea. Remember use half of the chocolate for the cake and half for the top of the cake later on - don't melt it all at once! You can use white chocolate as well. Requires a few hours refrigeration time which is included in times.
- Grease round 20cm cake tin with butter.
- Put biscuits between sheets of greaseproof paper and crush with rolling pin.
- In a bowl mix together biscuit crumbs, nuts, cherries and raisins and liqueur.
- In a small saucepan over low heat add syrup, 150g chocolate and melted butter. Stir until all mixed together and melted.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit mixture and stir well.
- Pack mixture into cake tin.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Then melt the remaining chocolate and pour over cold cake whilst in tin.
- Allow chocolate to set in fridge and then serve in small slithers.