Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This is a recipe for those chocolate lovers. I've had this recipe for years and everyone loves these sweet pastries. I like to have them for special occasions, like Christmas morning when I want to make something special for the boys. Cooking time does not include freezing time. Also wasn't sure on the actual weight of puff pastry... recipe just says 1 pkg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1THAW pastry sheets at room temperature 30 minute.
- 2HEAT cream in saucepan to a boil. Pour over chocolate in bowl and let stand 5 minute Whisk until smooth. Freeze mixture 15 minute Stir and freeze 15 minute More or until firm.
- 3UNFOLD 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll into 16" square. Brush with half of egg mixture, leaving 1/2" border around edges. Place 24 rounded teaspoons of chocolate mixture in 4 evenly spaced rows with 6 mounds in each row.
- 4UNFOLD remaining pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll into 16" square. Place on chocolate-covered sheet, pressing firmly between the rows of chocolate and around edges to seal. Brush pastry with remaining egg mixture. Cut between the rows, using a pastry wheel or sharp knife.
- 5Cut each strip into 6 squares. Place on 2 large ungreased baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 15 minute Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 6BAKE 15 minute Or until puffed and golden. Serve warm, dusted with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (877 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 56.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g