1/2 Photos of Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake
6 hrs 30 mins
Lise in Indiana's Note:
Chocolate and Raspberry - a match made in heaven. This is a plain cheesecake filled with chocolate-raspberry "truffles" and gilded with a chocolate ganche on top. Rich! Use chocolate cookie crumbs for the crust (I've used Oreos, filling and all) or the alternate chocolate shortbread crust given below. Cook times includes cooling and chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml chocolate wafer cookie
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 4 (907.18 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 170.09 g chocolate chips, melted
- 78.07 ml raspberry jam, seedless
- 170.09 g chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 1Prepare a 9" springform pan: Attache bottom to sides and spray with non-stick vegetable spray. Wrap outside of pan with foil to "seal" the seams for the Bain Marie (water bath).
- 2Combine crumbs and butter and press onto bottom of the springform pan.
- 3Combine 3 packages cream cheese and the sugar, mixing at medium speed until well blended.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, blending on low speed till incorporated well.
- 5Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust.
- 6Combine remaining cream cheese and the melted chocolate, mixing until well blended. Add jam and mix well.
- 7Drop rounded tablespoons of chocolate-raspberry-cheese mixture evenly spaced over plain batter; pushing the "truffles" into the plain batter if necessary; do not swirl.
- 8Bake in the Bain Marie at 325F for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- 9Bain Marie - Use a large roasting pan, place springform pan in roasting pan then fill roasting pan with boiling water to a level of half way up the sides of the springform pan.
- 10Remove cake from Bain Marie and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- 11Loosen cake from rim of pan with a thin flexible blade and then remove sides from springform pan. Cool completely.
- 12Prepare Topping: Melt chocolate chips and whipping cream over low heat, stirring until smooth. Spread over cheesecake, top and down sides, as well, as desired. Chill for at least 4 hour.
- 13Alternate shortbread crust: In a food processor, place 1 cup + 2 Tbs. AP flour, 4 or 5 Tbs. sugar, 3 Tbs. cocoa powder (the darker the better), a pinch of salt, and 5 Tbs. cold butter. Pulse to combine and cut in butter. Add 1 1/2 egg yolks and process till dough comes together. Divide into 2/3 and 1/3. Use larger portion for bottom, pressing onto removable bottom of pan and bake at 350º F for 12-14 minutes. Roll remaining third into a rope long enough to go around the pan's circumference. Remove baked bottom crust from oven and allow to cool slightly. Attach sides of pan to bottom and press remaining crust around the sides of the pan and up about 2 inch high (height is not critical) Fill with cheesecake batter and bake as directed above.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.9
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.2 mg
- Sodium 371.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g