Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
This fairly easy recipe yields an amazingly rich, sinfully yummy dessert that looks as wonderful as it tastes.
- 14 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- seedless raspberry jam, highly recommended (optional)
- 1 pint fresh raspberry, highly recommended (optional)
- In saucepan melt chocolate chips with butter and milk over low heat. Once melted allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- While chocolate is cooling, beat the eggs and vanilla on low to blend.
- Add sugar and flour to egg mixture, then blend on high for 10 minutes. Stir into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour into greased 8-inch springform pan. Bake at 325ºF for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Spread seedless jam across surface of cake. Arrange clean, dry raspberries on top of cake with stem side down, the jam will help glue them in place.
- Extra touch: Take any excess chips or a few squares of semi-sweet chocolate and a dab of seedless jam. Place in a zip-lock bag, place in a bowl of very hot water to melt chocolate. Squeeze bag around to blend. Snip small edge off bag and use to drizzle melted chocolate onto berries. This will harden to give a perfect, professional decorated look.
- Dust with powdered sugar for added effect.