Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from the RSVP section of Bon Appetit. These had been on the cover back in October 1995. You will need mini tartpans with removeable bases for this recipe. Prep time includes an hour of chilling time for the filling, as well as cooling time for the crusts. Easy yet elegant looking.
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, such as lindt,chopped,plus
- extra bittersweet chocolate, for garnish
- 1 cup fresh raspberry, rinsed and drained well
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Phreat oven to 325°F.
- Finely grind together the nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor.
- Add butter and process just until clumps begin to form up (use the pulse button).
- Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of 4 (4 inch diameter) mini tart pans with removeable bases.
- Bake the crusts until borwn and firm to the thouch, approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Heat cream to the simmering point in a saucepan, then remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour into crusts and then chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Place berries decoratively atop each tart, holes down.
- Melt jam in microwave or in a small pan until just melted, then brush over the berries.
- If desired, decorate with a few extra shavings of chocolate.