2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from the RSVP section of Bon Appetit. These had been on the cover back in October 1995. You will need mini tartpans with removeable bases for this recipe. Prep time includes an hour of chilling time for the filling, as well as cooling time for the crusts. Easy yet elegant looking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1Phreat oven to 325°F.
- 2Finely grind together the nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor.
- 3Add butter and process just until clumps begin to form up (use the pulse button).
- 4Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of 4 (4 inch diameter) mini tart pans with removeable bases.
- 5Bake the crusts until borwn and firm to the thouch, approximately 30 minutes.
- 6Let cool completely.
- 7Heat cream to the simmering point in a saucepan, then remove from heat.
- 8Stir in chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- 9Pour into crusts and then chill until set, about 1 hour.
- 10Place berries decoratively atop each tart, holes down.
- 11Melt jam in microwave or in a small pan until just melted, then brush over the berries.
- 12If desired, decorate with a few extra shavings of chocolate.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Raspberry Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.2
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 33.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g