Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
From Bon Appetit mag - August 2007
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (optional) or 1 teaspoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 6 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1 (6 ounce) container fresh raspberries
- sweetened whipped cream
- For Crust:.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter bottoms and sides of six 4 1/2-inch-diameter tartlet pans with removable bottoms.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed just until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 6-inch-long log, then cut log crosswise into 6 equal rounds.
- Chill for an hour.
- Roll out each dough round on lightly floured surface to 6-inch round.
- Press one round over bottom and up sides of each prepared pan, folding edges to form double-thick sides.
- Pierce crusts with fork.
- Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Bake crusts until set around edges, about 8 minutes. Cool in pans on rack.
- For Filling:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift sugar and cornstarch into small bowl.
- Stir chocolate and butter in top of double broiler over simmering water until melted and smooth.
- Remove from over water.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolks to blend in medium bowl; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Mix in Grand Marnier, if desired.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into center of each prepared crust.
- Arrange raspberries in crusts, dividing equally and spacing evenly.
- Spoon chocolate mixture over berries.
- Bake until filling puffs around edges, about 28 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan sides from tartlets. Place tartlets on plates. Spoon sweetened whipped cream alongside and serve warm.