Chef #607673's Note:
This make ahead dessert features a creamy white chocolate filling, a decadent dark chocolate crust, and a crown of glazed raspberries. For the prettiest presentation, add the raspberry topping within an hour of serving. Do not remove the bottom of the springform pan; simply place it on your serving plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 6 sheets chocolate graham crackers
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup frozen Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2To prepare crust, place first 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until fine crumbs form.
- 3Place 1 egg white in a small bowl; beat with a fork until frothy. Add 3 tablespoons on the beaten egg white through food chute with food processor on; process just until combined. Discard any remaining egg white. Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch round removable bottom tart pan or a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 7 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4To prepare the filling, combine milk, 2 tablespoons of sugar and an egg yolk in a small sauce pan. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over the mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Cook over medium or until gelatin dissolves and mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add white chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Scrape white chocolate mixture into a medium bowl. Place bowl in a large ice-filled bowl until mixture cools and thickens (about 4 minutes), stirring constantly. (Do not allow gelatin mixture to set). Gently stir 1/4 cup whipped topping into white chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining 3/4 cup of whipped topping. Scrape into prepared crust using a rubber spatula; Spread evenly to edge of the crust. Cover pan with plastic wrap; chill at least an hour.
- 5To prepare topping, place raspberries in a large bowl. Remove plastic wrap from tart pan; removes sides of tart pan. Heat jelly in a small saucepan until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in juice. Drizzle jelly mixture over raspberries; toss gently to coat. Spoon raspberry mixture evenly over filling. Refrigerate uncovered, 15 minutes. Garnish with chocolate curls and mint leaves if desired.
- 6calories 184 (29% from fat); fat 6g (sat. 3.1g, mono 0.6g, poly 0.3g); protein 3.6g; carb 30.5g; fiber 3.1g, chol 36mg; IRON 0.5mg; SODIUM 90mg; CALC 60mg.
- 7Taken from Cooking Light, May 2007 Issue.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Raspberry Tart With White Chocolate Cream
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 46.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate graham crackers