Recipe by Manami
I found this on mealsforyou.com and it looks too lovely not to post. It is as lovely as it sounds! "Amy Muzyka-McGuire, food consultant, takes the mystery out of beautiful, pastry shop tarts. Now, everyday is a treat with this elegant dessert." I didn't allow for chilling time
- 10 pecan shortbread cookies
- 10 gingersnap cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 lb raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup seedless strawberry jam (or unsweetened preserves) or 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam (or unsweetened preserves) or 1⁄2 cup peach jam (or unsweetened preserves) or 1⁄2 cup apricot jam (or unsweetened preserves)
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup whipped creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs with rolling pin or in food processor fitted with metal blade – you should have about 2 cups.
- Add butter to food processor and mix, or blend crushed cookies and butter in a bowl.
- Press buttered crumbs over bottom and up sides of a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom OR into 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned; cool slightly.
- In microwaveable dish, heat chocolate in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on 50% (medium/low) power, just until melted. Stir to smooth chocolate.
- Spread over bottom of crust.
- Gently press raspberries into chocolate, dome side up, arranging in rings, starting from outside.
- Reserve any unused berries for garnish.
- Melt jam in microwave for 1 minute at 50% (medium/low) power.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour or brush over raspberries.
- Chill 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut into 8 to 12 slices.
- Top with whipped cream and raspberries.