I found this on mealsforyou.com and it looks too lovely not to post. It is as lovely as it sounds! "Amy Muzyka-McGuire, food consultant, takes the mystery out of beautiful, pastry shop tarts. Now, everyday is a treat with this elegant dessert." I didn't allow for chilling time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 pecan shortbread cookies
- 10 gingersnap cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 lb raspberries
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam (or unsweetened preserves) or 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam (or unsweetened preserves) or 1/2 cup peach jam (or unsweetened preserves) or 1/2 cup apricot jam (or unsweetened preserves)
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup whipped creme fraiche
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Crush cookies into fine crumbs with rolling pin or in food processor fitted with metal blade – you should have about 2 cups.
- 3Add butter to food processor and mix, or blend crushed cookies and butter in a bowl.
- 4Press buttered crumbs over bottom and up sides of a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom OR into 9 inch pie plate.
- 5Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned; cool slightly.
- 6In microwaveable dish, heat chocolate in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on 50% (medium/low) power, just until melted. Stir to smooth chocolate.
- 7Spread over bottom of crust.
- 8Gently press raspberries into chocolate, dome side up, arranging in rings, starting from outside.
- 9Reserve any unused berries for garnish.
- 10Melt jam in microwave for 1 minute at 50% (medium/low) power.
- 11Stir until smooth.
- 12Pour or brush over raspberries.
- 13Chill 15 minutes before serving.
- 14Cut into 8 to 12 slices.
- 15Top with whipped cream and raspberries.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Raspberry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 105.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g