Recipe by Samantha in Ut
This is wonderful over ice cream or cheesecake. The recipe is from the Complete Book of Home Preserving. This is for elevations 0-1,000 ft so adjust for your area if needed.
- 1⁄2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 4 1⁄2 cups crushed red raspberries
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In a medium glass bowl, combine cocoa powder and pectin, stirring until evenly blended. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan placed crushed raspberries and lemon juice. Whisk in pectin mixture until dissolved. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar all at once and return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Ladle hot sundae topper into hot jars, leaving 1/4 in headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rim and place lids and rings. Put into canner and process for 10 minutes.