Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just recently found frozen raspberries in the local supermarket (such progress!), and this is now our new favorite dessert!
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Push raspberries through fine metal sieve; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, honey, and 2 cups water.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add cocoa; cook stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in chocolate and then the raspberry puree.
- Chill in freezer 30 minutes.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturers directions.
Just ok. The raspberry flavor really overpowered the chocolate. The mixture had way too much water from the raspberry puree which made the texture icy and not creamy (after churning and freezing).
I didn't sieve the berries, just processed them to puree. Was perfect! Thanks!
Very good and easy to make. You do have to like chocolate because it is very chocolaty!