Recipe by Mirj
I just recently found frozen raspberries in the local supermarket (such progress!), and this is now our new favorite dessert!
Top Review by myoungp
Just ok. The raspberry flavor really overpowered the chocolate. The mixture had way too much water from the raspberry puree which made the texture icy and not creamy (after churning and freezing).
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Push raspberries through fine metal sieve; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, honey, and 2 cups water.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add cocoa; cook stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in chocolate and then the raspberry puree.
- Chill in freezer 30 minutes.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturers directions.