Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from the Nov 2005 issue of Favorite Brand Name Recipes 'A Passion for Chocolate.' It's a great dip for most things ---- strawberries, pretzels, cubes of pound cake, dried fruit. When warm, it's even a great topping for ice cream, pound cake slices & ....
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Microwave corn syrup & whipping cream in a large mocrowaveable bowl on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from microwave, add chocolate & respberry jam & stir until completely melted.
- Best served warm.
wow you certainly need to have a sweet tooth for this, I used strawberries and that worked out well, I served it on top of sponge cake, thanks for sharing Syd we enjoyed it very much!
Excellent recipe! I couldn't find seedless raspberry jam anywhere in supermarkets here but the fresh raspberries looked good so I used those, boiled them gently, put the mix though a sieve to remove the seeds and since the chocolate provides enough sweetness, no added sugar was needed. This was excellent as a dip for our massive strawberries... and DH is looking forward to drizzling this over icecream too. Easy to make and great taste. Please see my rating system: 4 excellent stars for a recipe that will delight a crowd and get everyone queueing up for desert. Thanks!
This was really yummy and easy to make. The kids used bananas and I used pretzels to dip. Both were great. I followed the recipe as written other then I used sugar free homemade raspberry jam.