Recipe by Courtly
This recipe was entered into a taste of home pie contest by Ruth Bartel. It was in the top 12! I can't wait to make this!! Raspberries and chocolate, my favorite! Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh unsweetened raspberries or 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450 for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the raspberries, bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Spread into shell; refrigerate. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over raspberry layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate and butter; cool for 4-5 minutes. Pour over filling. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.