Recipe by looneytunesfan
Chocolate and raspberry combine with slivered almonds to make a perfect dessert!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup seedless raspberry preserves or 3⁄4 cup jam
- 2 cups nestle toll house miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- COMBINE flour and sugar in large mixer bowl. Cut butter into mixture with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and almond extract; stir with a fork until moistened (mixture will still be crumbly). Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Spread preserves over crust, leaving 1/2-inch border.
- COMBINE reserved crumbs, morsels and almonds in same bowl. Sprinkle chocolate mixture over preserves layer, pressing lightly.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. While still warm, score into 4 dozen bars. Cool completely in pan.
- COMBINE powdered sugar and enough milk in small bowl to make drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars; let stand until set. Cut bars along scored lines.