Prep 2 hrs 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is just decadent
Make and share this Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 36 gingersnaps, finely ground (about 1 1/2 c)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (real chocolate please, at room temperature)
- 3 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 9 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- chocolate curls, for decoration (optional)
- Mix the butter and the gingersnap crumbs.
- Press onto the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan.
- Freeze 15 minutes or until ready to use.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl.
- Bring 1/2 c of cream to the boiling point.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Freeze at least 20 minutes.
- Cook the raspberries and sugar over medium heat until the raspberries soften (3-4 minutes).
- Strain the raspberry mixture to remove seeds and return to pot.
- Set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over orange juice, let stand 1 minute.
- Put pot with raspberry mixture over medium heat and stir in genatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour into medium bowl.
- Refrigerate until mixture is the consistency of egg whites (approx 20 minutes).
- Whip 2 c cream with 1 tbsp sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the raspberry mixture.
- Add the remaining whipped cream until just combined.
- Pour raspberry mixture into crust, mounding towards the center of the pan.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours, until the filling is set but still soft.
- Whip the remaining cream and sweeten with the remaining sugar.
- Use to decorate the edge of the pie.
- Decorate with chocolate curls if desired.
Not sure why more people haven't tried this. It's wonderful. If you like the flavors of chocolate and raspberry don't hesitate to try this one. Loved everything about it. A couple of comments on the recipe. The 9 Tbs of sugar divided: you will mix in 7 1/2 Tbs w/the raspberries, 1 Tbs with 2 cups of cream and 1/2 Tbs with the final cup of cream. Secondly, it said to strain to remove seeds. I did not know if I was to just use the liquid or use some of the rasp and not just what strained. I kept in the rasp so some of the seeds were in there. It is not a problem unless you detest seeds or something. Will make again.