1/1 Photo of Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Pie
2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 35 mins
this is just decadent
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 36 gingersnaps, finely ground (about 1 1/2 c)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (real chocolate please, at room temperature)
- 3 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 9 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- chocolate curls, for decoration (optional)
- 1Mix the butter and the gingersnap crumbs.
- 2Press onto the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan.
- 3Freeze 15 minutes or until ready to use.
- 4Place the chocolate in a bowl.
- 5Bring 1/2 c of cream to the boiling point.
- 6Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- 7Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- 8Freeze at least 20 minutes.
- 9Cook the raspberries and sugar over medium heat until the raspberries soften (3-4 minutes).
- 10Strain the raspberry mixture to remove seeds and return to pot.
- 11Set aside.
- 12Sprinkle gelatin over orange juice, let stand 1 minute.
- 13Put pot with raspberry mixture over medium heat and stir in genatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- 14Remove from heat and pour into medium bowl.
- 15Refrigerate until mixture is the consistency of egg whites (approx 20 minutes).
- 16Whip 2 c cream with 1 tbsp sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 17Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the raspberry mixture.
- 18Add the remaining whipped cream until just combined.
- 19Pour raspberry mixture into crust, mounding towards the center of the pan.
- 20Refrigerate 1-2 hours, until the filling is set but still soft.
- 21Whip the remaining cream and sweeten with the remaining sugar.
- 22Use to decorate the edge of the pie.
- 23Decorate with chocolate curls if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Pie
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.7
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 208.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g