Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This beautiful and decadent cake is actually low in fat and sugar and is made with whole-wheat flour... but nobody'll ever know!
- Beat margarine, sugar, and vanilla until frothy. Add eggs one at a time.
- With a wooden spoon, incorporate flour and baking powder alternating with the buttermilk.
- Mash raspberries through a sieve, collecting the juices. Throw away seeds.
- Divide dough in three different bowls. Mix in food colouring to one of the bowls. Mix cocoa with milk and add to another bowl. You should now have a bowl of each plain, pink, and brown dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a tablespoon alternate colours, dropping them by the spoonful on the bottom of a spring-form pan. Pour raspberry coulis into the joints where the colours meet. With a fine stick or knife "stir" minimally to give a marbled effect.
- Bake 1 hour. Wait 5 minutes before turning over on a wire rack to cool.