Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted, finely chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9X5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add walnuts; mix well.
- Lightly beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk.
- Add milk, spreadable fruit and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add chocolate and milk mixtures to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
This was great!! We had fresh Oregon raspberries in the house so i used about a cup of those some mashed, some not. I also replaced one of the eggs with two egg whites, a tablespoon of butter with a tablespoon of applesauce (i wish i had raspberry applesauce though) and sprinkled in some chocolate chips in to the batter. The loaf was so moist and delicious! Thank you!
This was wonderful!! I made this this morning and took it to work. Everyone loved it. I made it as directed. The only change I made was to sprinkle some mini chocolate chips in the batter and a little more on top of the loaf (in my world, there is no such thing as too much chocolate). The raspberry flavor was subtle but a lovely addition to the flavor of the loaf. Since I keep jams and jellies in my refrigerator, it was cold and a little difficult to mix it in with the egg mixture thoroughly. Next time (and there will definitely be a next time!) I'll try adding the raspberry jam in with the chocolate mixture to melt it or maybe I'll nuke it for a few seconds to warm it up a bit. RecipeNut, thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
Heaven in your mouth! This is an excellent recipe! It's become the most tastiest bread I've ever eaten(MY FAVOURITE FROM TODAY, 2/2/2002!!!)!!!!! I used peanut butter(4tbsp) instead of butter. Also, in step 8, I added flour to the chocolate and milk mixtures. Rest I followed as given in the recipe. This is really a great bread and I recommend it to everyone. THANK YOU so much for sharing this, I love it!