Great for Christmas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2lightly grease a 15 1/2-by-10 1/2-by-1-inch jelly roll pan.
- 3line bottom with waxed paper; grease paper.
- 4In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beaters are slightly raised.
- 5Gradually beat in 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 6With same beaters, at high speed, beat egg yolks in small bowl with rest of sugar until thick and lemon colored- about 5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt onto waxed paper.
- 8At low speed, beat water, vanilla, then flour mixture into egg yolk mixture until combined, scraping sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- 9With rubbr spatula using an under-and-over motion, gently fold egg yolk mixture into beaten egg whites, spreaad evenly into prepared pan.
- 10Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or just until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
- 11Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; invert cake onto large wire rack; gently peel off waxed paper; turn cake top side up; cool completely.
- 12With serrated knifecut cake crosswise into quarters to form four 10-by-3 3/4-inch layers.
- 13Line jelly roll pan with forel.
- 14Bring up one short edge of foil to form a 11 1/4- by 10-inch rectangle.
- 15Soft sherbet slightly.
- 16and spread in foil lined pan; refreeze until firm.
- 17When firm cut sherbet cross wise into three pieces, right through the foil.
- 18Place one cake layer on serving plate; invert raspberry sherbet over the cake layer; peel off foil.
- 19repeat with remaining cake and sherbet layers, ending with cake layer, place top side up.
- 20Loosely wrap cake with plastic wrap, freeze until firm.
- 21just before serving cut a rectangle of waxed paper, 1/2-inch smaller all around than top of cake layer.
- 22Place on top of cake, dust edges heavily with confectioners' sugar.
- 23Remove paper, dust center lightly with more sugar.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Raspberry Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 80.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g