Recipe by Rhonda *J*
With the Christmas holidays drawing near, I thought these would be a great addition to cookie & sweet trays! They are quite an attractive looking bar and they look nice cut into triangles. You can even substitute your favourite jam, such as apricot, peach & strawberry, but I think the raspberry (or the strawberry), red in colour for Christmas would be nicest! Found this recipe in a booklet of baking recipes that I picked up at the grocery store put out by Robin Hood flour. Add 1 1/2 hrs. to the cook time listed for chilling. These are supposed to freeze well for those of you who want to get a head start on your holiday baking! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Miss Amy Lou
A local deli serves a bar like this; I was excited to find this recipe. These are yummy! Took them to a potluck today and had several compliments and recipe requests. They are very rich, so you can cut them small. I quadrupled the recipe and it fit well in a long jellyroll pan. You may be able to triple it and it may do just fine in the same size pan because my bars were very thick. Thanks for the recipe, Rhonda!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml icing sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 78.07 ml raspberry jam
- 236.59 ml white chocolate chips (Hersheys chipits)
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml light cream or 29.58 ml milk
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (Hersheys chipits)
- 44.37 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- For Base: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch square cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour& icing sugar;cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press firmly into greased pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
- For Filling: Spread jam on warm crust.
- Melt white chocolate chips as directed on package.
- Beat cream cheese and cream in small mixer bowl.
- Add melted white chocolate,beating until smooth.
- Mix well.
- Spread evenly over jam.
- Chill to set, about one hour.
- For Topping: Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter together over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over filling.
- Chill until set.