Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Perfect Scoop
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Whisk together the cream, cocoa powder, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat mixture, whisking often, until it comes to a full, rolling boil (it will start to foam up).
- Remove from heat and add in raspberries; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender.
- If you want to, press the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
- Chill mixture thoroughly; then freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.