Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious on chocolate or white cakes.
Make and share this Chocolate-Raspberry Ganache Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a simmer; remove pan from heat.
- Add the chocolate chips, preserves, and butter, shaking the pan to immerse the chocolate and as much of the preserves and butter as possible.
- Let stand for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the chocolate has melted.
- Beat the mixture with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Cool until thick enough to use as a glaze; or, cool completely and whip to desired spreading consistency using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- *Trywith milk chocolate or white chocolate chips.
I made a cherry variation, using some of the extra cherry syrup from a can of cherry pie filling in place of the raspberry preserves. Yum!
Heavenly tasting! We thought this was fantastic! I used it as a drizzle over I chocolate pound cake and it really "made" the cake. It was very silky smooth and rich. Thanks for a keeper! I'll be using this again.
Great ganache. I used it as a filling to a two layer chocolate cake "The only chocolate cake recipe you'll ever need" #26370. It was good, loved the texture. Next time, I will add a little more raspberry preserves. Thank you for the posting.