Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super easy, delicious and versitile. You can use any type of canned pie filling you want, cherry is awesome too. We prefer raspberry.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 21 ounces raspberry pie filling or 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 inch pan with non stick baking spray.
- Stir cake mix, pie filling, vanilla extract and eggs until well mixed
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick in center comes out clean
- Once cake is cooled; in a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute
- Remove from heat
- Stir in chocolate chips until smooth
- Pour over cooled bars.
I've had this recipe to try since 2008. Yummy! I used cherry pie mix. Thanks for the recipe.
Great tasting bars, these are! Made them for my other half to take to one of his weekly meetings, & now I really must make the recipe again just for us to enjoy right here at home! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]
This was incredibly easy and tasty. I love the taste of chocolate and raspberry together and this had just the smallest hint of raspberry - it wasn't overpowering. I will definitely be making this regularly. Thanks.