Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
From a Christmas cookie booklet...they're festive, impressive, and delicious. They take a bit of effort, but nothing you can't handle;) Enjoy! *The yield depends on how big you cut the cookies:)*
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam (or your favorite flavor)
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.
- Remove pan from heat; cool.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light.
- Add the egg and melted chocolate; beat until fluffy.
- Stir in the cake flour, vanilla, and salt until well blended.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line 3 or 4 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts; divide each part into 2 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a rope 12"long on a lightly floured surface.
- The ropes should be around the thickness of a finger.
- Place 2" apart on the cookie sheets.
- With the side of a finger, make an indentation along the length of each rope.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt each type of chocolate chips in separate saucepans over very low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Stir the jam to loosen it up a bit; spoon into a pastry bag (or a sealed Zip-lock bag with the corner snipped off).
- Remove cookies from oven; pipe the jam down the center of each strip.
- Return to oven for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks.
- While cookies are still warm, drizzle the melted chocolates over the tops, then cut the strips diagonally into 1" pieces.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.