Recipe by Caryn
A nice little bar cookie.
Top Review by EileenWest
I actually won the "Bar Cookie" division at our local fair with these. The only thing I do differently is to increase the dough mixture by 1/2. That way I can make the bottom crust a little thicker, and have more crumbles for the top--one of my families' all time favorite desserts! Thank you for posting!
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 340.19 g package semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- 78.07 ml seedless raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- Beat in flour, sugar, and salt until well mixed.
- With floured fingers, press 1 1/4 cup crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan; reserving remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Combine 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels and sweetened condensed milk in a small heavy duty saucepan.
- Melt over low heat until smooth.
- Spread over hot crust.
- Stir nuts into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle evenly over chocolate filling.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- Continue baking for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.