Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from Paula Deen.
Make and share this Chocolate Raspberry Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (6 ounce) packageplain dark chocolate pieces (or raspberry cream-filled dark chocolate baking pieces, such as Hershey's brand available during hol)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 1 or more cookie sheets.
- Using a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and both sugars in a bowl until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- In small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in the baking pieces.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and raspberry preserves.
- Stir until smooth.
- When the cookies have cooled, drizzle the icing over them.