Recipe by Queen Dana
Gourmet magazine March 2009.
Top Review by momaphet
This was very different , never having a Clafouti before, it was less cakey then I expected but the flavors were still good. I didn't think it was done so cooked it some more, than wasn't sure if I over cooked. it I topped with whipped cream and we enjoyed it. Made for ZWT 8 by one of The Wild Bunch
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries (2 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -3 1⁄2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle. Butter a 1 1/2-quarts shallow baking dish.
- Toss berries with granulated sugar and let stand 15 minutes.
- Blend milk, butter, eggs, brown sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt in a blender until smooth. Scatter berries (with juices) evenly in baking dish, then pour batter over top.
- Bake until slightly puffed and firm to the touch, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chopped chocolate. Cool to warm, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.