Top Review by Renegade Chef
Very good--but also, very chocolatey. The raspberry flavor is quite subtle. It's a great cheesecake, but the raspberry was a little overwhelmed by the chocolate. Next time I will make up a raspberry sauce to drizzle on top.
- 18 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (this 6 ozs of chocolate chips should be melted and cooled slightly)
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves, strained
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine 24 ozs of cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust.
- Combine remaining 8 ozs cream cheese and melted chocolate, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add red raspberry preserves; mix well.
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of chocolate cream cheese batter over plain cream cheese batter, do not swirl.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Melt chocolate pieces and whipping cream over low heat stirring until smooth.
- Spread over cheesecake.
- Garnish with additional whipping cream, whipped, raspberries and fresh mint leaves, if desired.