Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another AWESOME cheesecake I get rave reviews from. I clipped this recipe from a Better Homes & Gardens magazine and I love it--worth the effort. I prefer to use the fresh raspberries and I sometimes drizzle additional melted chocolate on top. The two layer effect makes for a nice presentation. SO YUMMY!
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed graham crackers (crumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen loose-pack, thawed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece, melted & cooled
- For the crust, combine graham crumbs & powdered sugar; stir in melted butter.
- Press onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together 1 cup of the raspberries with the granulated sugar; set aside.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese and condensed milk until combined, add eggs & vanilla; beat just until combined.
- Divide batter in half.
- Stir melted chocolate into half of the batter.
- Pour chocolate batter into the prepared pan.
- Stir the raspberry-sugar mixture into the remaining half of batter.
- Spoon this batter over the chocolate batter.
- Place on shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken (only seems to take about 45 minutes in my oven). Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen crust from sides of pan,cool cake completely.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Serve with remaining raspberries, whip cream if desired.
I made this for my friends for a dinner. It turned out so perfect and delicious! I've not had a lot of luck with cheesecakes in the past so I was thrilled with the result. I took a bunch of photos. The 2 layers are elegant and dramatic. Fabulous taste. An excellent recipe.
Loved it! I made it for a baby shower and it was a huge hit. I used a springform pan with the bottom wrapped in aluminium foil in a water bath. Took nearly 60 minutes and turned out beautifully. Two very distinct layers and a nice high cheesecake. I used strawberries instead of raspberries, I can hardly wait to make it again. Thank you for the recipe!
Great recipe!! Tastes good on it's own but deadly served with leftover whipped cream and raspberries and a little chocolate sauce. Definitely will make again.