1/2 Photos of Chocolate-Raspberry Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
Got this in an email; looks very rich, would be perfect for Valentine's Day...Description for the recipe: "This cheesecake is laced with raspberry flavor, from the preserves brushed over the crust, to the creamy filling, to the fresh berry garnish. To make the dessert extra-special for Valentine's Day, use the raspberries to form a heart shape on the top of the cake." *prep time does not include chilling overnight.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package pure butter shortbread cookies, crushed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty foil.
- 3Combine crushed cookies and melted butter in small bowl; press into bottom of pan.
- 4Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly darker in color.
- 5Cool slightly; gently spread preserves over crust.
- 6Puree thawed raspberries in food processor or blender until smooth.
- 7Strain through medium strainer, pressing with spatula to remove seeds Reserve 1/2 cup puree (Save remaining puree for another use.).
- 8Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter at medium-low speed until smooth Beat in sugar and flour just until blended.
- 9Beat in sour cream, reserved raspberry puree and lemon juice.
- 10Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 11Pour over crust.
- 12Place springform pan in large shallow pan.
- 13Add enough hot tap water to come halfway up sides of springform pan Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until edges are puffed and top is dry to the touch Center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid.
- 14Remove cake from water bath; remove foil.
- 15Cool completely on wire rack.
- 16Refrigerate overnight.
- 17Place chocolate, corn syrup and 1 tablespoon butter in medium bowl.
- 18Bring whipping cream to a boil in small saucepan.
- 19Pour over chocolate mixture; stir until melted and smooth.
- 20Let stand, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is cool but still pourable.
- 21Pour over cheesecake; refrigerate until set.
- 22Garnish with raspberries.
- 23Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Raspberry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g