Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious dessert. I got this from my mother's recipe box. I don't know where she got it. I've made this recipe with raspberries and with blueberries. It was good both ways. And now I've made it with strawberries...also delicious.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Arrange raspberries on bottom of crust.
- Slowly pour cheese mixture over fruit.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Chocolate Glaze: In small saucepan, over low heat, melt 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate with 1/4 cup whipping cream. Cook until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat. Top cheesecake with Chocolate Glaze; chill. Garnish as desired. Makes 1 pie.
This is luscious! Such a tasty dessert. I made my own chocolate shortbread crust and used a few more raspberries. Thanks for posting this recipe!
This pie is wonderful!!! It tastes like chocolate raspberry cheesecake, the texture is excellent, and it is soooo much easier to make then a cheesecake from scratch! By the time we finished dinner the night I made it, it was quite late, so we only had a tiny sliver for dessert. That gave us leftovers for the next night. The flavor of the pie was even more enjoyable then. So, IF you can make the pie and let it set over night in the fridge, I highly recommend it. In any case, this is a dessert we will enjoy often in our house. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe.