Recipe by KT9791
This scrumptious chocolate cake uses fresh raspberries swirled into the cake, with a chocolate glaze and topped with fresh berries. Yum!
- 3⁄4 cup red raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips or 4 ounces chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the raspberries; set aside.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the beaten eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well-blended.
- Pour about 2/3 of the batter into a greased heart shaped springform pan or a round (9" to 10")springform pan.
- Add the pureed raspberries and swirl gently through the batter with a thin spatula or a knife.
- Add the remaining batter and level off the batter with a spatula.
- Bake at 325º for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Place on a wire rack and allow the cake to cool in the pan. When the cake is cool, remove the sides of the pan.
- To prepare the glaze -.
- Melt 4 ounces chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat, then stir in milk, honey and vanilla. Set aside to cool slightly.
- When cake has cooled, pour glaze onto the center. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, very gently smooth glaze along the top and sides of the cake. Chill cake, uncovered, for 30 to 60 minutes before serving to set the glaze and make the cake easier to slice.
- Top with fresh raspberries.