Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Make and share this Chocolate Raspberry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (butter recipe chocolate cake with pudding)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; stir in 1/2 chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Brush tops of layers with Chambord.
- Place on cake layer on a plate; spread with jam and top with second layer.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips over low heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, gradually stir in sour cream.
- Spread on top and sides of cake, sprinkle top with toasted pecans Chill at least 2 hours.