Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 2 eggs, lighly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam, seedless
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lightly grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add nuts; stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk, raspberry jam, and vanilla.
- Beat until blended.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and milk mixture to the flour mixture,stir just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Place the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely.